On Thursday, 2/9/2017 I went in for surgery. The plan was to remove half of my thyroid and some of my lymph nodes removed and while I was under anesthesia they would check and make the final decision on my cancer diagnosis. If they found the cancer they’d do a full neck dissection. So I woke up in the recovery room in a lot of pain and immediately asked if I had cancer. Nobody could tell me the answer, so I asked if I was staying the night at the hospital, because of it wasn’t cancer I’d be going home. The nurse said I was being discharged so I took that as a sign that I didn’t have cancer.
I was wrong. The surgeon came into the recovery room and explained that they couldn’t get anything from a frozen biopsy and they still couldn’t tell me if I had cancer. I’d have to wait longer. At this point the first thought that popped into my head was, “so they just want more copay from me.” I was still in pain and pretty livid after I found out that they still couldn give me answers.
So the waiting game continues. In the meantime I do know that I get my stitches out on Thursday, 2/16/2017. So I got that going for me.